Vocabulary is much more fun now that we’re adults right? I love discovering fun words in the reading / book community. There are so many lists out there, these are some of my favorites. Comment with yours!
1. Abibliophobia (a- biblio-phobia)
n. The fear of running out of reading material.
2. Bibliobibuli (bib- li- oh- bi- boo- li)
n. Those people who read too much.
3. Bibliognost (BIB- lee- uh- nost)
n. One that has comprehensive knowledge of books.
4. Bibliophagist (bib- lio- phag- ist)
n. A devourer of books / a voracious reader.
5. Librocubicularist (lib-ro-kyoo-bi-kyoo-lar-ist)
n. Someone who reads in bed.
6. Readultery (ree- dal- ta- ri)
n. The act of being unfaithful to one book by reading another simultaneously.
7. Smellbound (smel- bound)
adj. captivated by the scent of books.
Leave a Reply