From writing your first draft in local cafes to attending college, there are solid reasons to splurge on “On the Go” products. It can make your day to day commute less stressful, and keep you organized in ways that you didn’t know you needed. Here are a few quick items that will help you achieve your writing goals with less hassle.
- Owning the perfect travel mug is one of those things that you didn’t know you needed it until you have it. The key is finding one that fits in your car cup holders! This isn’t something most consider when purchasing a travel mug but the annoyance of it wobbling around as you drive, or having to hold it in your lap is real! I finally invested in one of these stainless steel cups and the difference between it and my old cup is night and day. They really do keep coffee hot or cold ALL DAY. Not that coffee last quite that long in my cup.
- For Tea drinkers, this is one of my favorite cups. I love that it lifts the tea out of the water at the flip of a lever so I don’t have to deal with discarding the leaves, and it doesn’t continue to steep. I’ve had mine for a few years and it still works great. It does a pretty good job at keeping the tea hot for a few hours, but not quite as long as the steel mug above.
- Even though we all have a phone close at hand 90% of the day, there is something about taking notes the old fashion way that really solidifies the information. No really, there is actually something about it! We love these little business card size notebooks. They fit easily into a pocket or purse.
- Writers and readers alike can agree that the perfect pair of headphones can block out the noise of the busiest of cafes. It took us a lot of trial and error with headphone brands to discover that sometimes buying cheap really isn’t worth it. These Skull Candy headphone are amazing! I love that my ear fits inside of them, and they have a mic so I can use them for phone calls as well as book reading, and music.
- Finding the right laptop bag can be a needle in a haystack mission when you are shopping online. We’ve ordered sleeves before that came in with the wrong dimension! So make sure to read the reviews, and don’t hesitate to return it the minute you get it and realize it won’t work for your needs. I’m all about the extra storage, so pockets are where it’s at for me.