Happy Father’s Day to all of the dads out there! Here are 3 inspirational dads that helped shape my idea of what a Father should be. Let me know about the Fictional Fathers that have left a mark on you in the comments.
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Atticus Finch
- Pride and Prejudice – Mr Bennet
- While I’ve read and love the book, my favorite depiction of Mr. Bennet has to be Donald Sutherland in the 2005 film version. I’ve seen this movie hundreds of times and his ability to bring the character to life is amazing. He is able to give his sensible daughters the sound advice they need, and guide them into making good choice in his era of men is timeless. “An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do.”
- Harry Potter – Arthur Weasley
- These book teach us so much, and I am thankful they were a part of my youth. Arthur gives Harry his first glimpse at what a father should be. While he is a pure blood, he has morals and values that are unlike many of the other pure blood fathers in these books. He keeps life light and honest, while raising all of his children to be compassionate and strong in their values. “Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can’t see for yourself where it keeps its brain.”