Rachel Emma Shaw
Must Read by this Author:
Last Memoria is available now to listen to on Itunes, YouTube and Spotify. Two new chapters released every week.
“Her memories rub against my own, wearing them away. They taint me with the very essence of her, her hopes, her dreams, her interpretations, showing me the world through her black and obstinate eyes, exposing the darkness she always warned was there. You can see for yourself if you would think the same in my shoes. I will share her memories with you as she did with me, then you can decide if you wish you had never known them.”
There’s nothing Sarilla detests more than stealing memories. It robs you of your life as surely as death, leaving behind the husk of who you once were. It’s a wretched way to punish someone and Sarilla hates being one of the few with this ability.
The king makes her take the memories of his people. All she wants is to escape to where nobody knows what she is or what she can do, but it’s unlikely she’ll stay free long enough to get there. Especially not if Falon has his way. Having recently lost some of his memories, he’s decided to use Sarilla to get them back, whether she wants to help him or not.
- Coffee or Tea?
- Tea. You don’t want to see me when I drink coffee!
- Describe your writing routine.
- Writing is less of a routine for me these days than a way of life. Like a forest growing unchecked, it’s slowly consuming all my time. It’s become even worse since I decided to put my first book out into the world, but I have loved every moment of it so please don’t think I’m complaining!
- Name 5 books that aren’t yours but people should read.
- What genre do you write in?
- Dark Fantasy with a hint of the literary about them. I love to write books that take the reader a while afterwards to sync back up with reality. Sorry, not sorry.
- What genre would you like to write in one day?
- I can’t imagine writing anything other than fantasy. I’ve tried, but I found it all too constraining. I mean, why bother making up stuff if you don’t get to make up the entire world?
- What is your favorite Character you’ve written?
- That’s like asking me to pick between my children! (Not that I have any children… Just a good imagination 😀 )
- How long were you a part-time writer before you became a full-time one?
- Unfortunately I’m still one of those authors so new to publishing that they have a day job to support their writing addiction…
- How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?
- What is your patronus / Howarts House / Ilvermorny House?
- #Slytherinforlife I think you need to be ambitious to attempt to make it as an indie author these days!
- Do you Indie Publish or Traditional Publish? Explain if you’d like.
- Last Memoria actually received a traditional publication offer, but I turned it down. I know. I’m crazy. I’ve been told many times… There was just so much about the publication journey that appealed to me and I was really curious to see if I could give it a go. I’ve got a load of other books that I could try the traditional publishing route for if my foray into self-publishing Last Memoria doesn’t work out, so I thought I figured… Why not? So far I’ve been loving it. I got to design my own cover. Write my own blurb. The only downside is that you have to be your own cheerleader, but I’m an insanely optimistic person, so if the process gets me down, I’ll just go out and buy some pom-poms 😀