Must Read by this Author:
Ember Moore, a Reaper, just wants to get through high school. She isn’t ready to save the world.
The Reapers are the police of the kindred races. They keep peace and law under the command of the Spirit Assembly. Until a dangerous cult, sworn to resurrect the last Phoenix, rises up to remove all opposition to their goal.
When a shocking betrayal rips Ember’s family apart, Ember, her brother Liam, and a mysterious girl named Billie must turn to their sworn enemy for protection. An unexpected alliance will be forged. And a dangerous path will chosen.
Will Ember and the people close to her survive the coming war?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Both! I drink coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon.
- How many books do you try and read a year?
- Around fifty, sometimes it’s more, sometimes it’s less.
- What genre do you write in?
- Fantasy or Paranormal.
- What genre would you like to write in one day?
- I would like to write a superhero story or maybe a sci-fi.
- Do you read your book reviews? How do you process them, good vs. bad. Do you give some more weight than others? Like Amazon vs. Goodreads reviews.
- I read every one of my reviews. I process them all equally. If I get a bad review, I consider why the person disliked my book. If it was because of personal preference, I tend to ignore those. But if they point out a valid flaw, I take note and try to do better next time.
- Does your family support your career as a writer?
- Yes, wholeheartedly. I don’t know if I would have even started self-publishing if my parents hadn’t encouraged me. My grandmother reads every single one of my books as soon as they come out. I am very lucky to have so much support.
- What is your favorite Character you’ve written?
- That’s a hard one. All my characters are real to me. It would be like picking a favorite child.
- How long were you a part-time writer before you became a full-time one?
- I still am a part-time writer as I work my way through school.
- How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?
- Too many to count. I started writing stories as soon as I knew how to write. I have an entire drawer filled with old, handwritten drafts written by ten-year-old me that should never see the light of day again. I guess I’m too sentimental to throw them away.
- If you couldn’t be an author, what would your ideal career be?
- A veterinarian. I would love to work with animals.
- Do you Indie Publish or Traditional Publish? Explain if you’d like.
- Indie published. There were a few reasons why I chose to self-publish, one being my age. I didn’t think a publishing house would take me seriously because I was a teen. I also didn’t want to lose any control over my books.